His conclusion: MalwareBytes Premium – The premium version adds a lot more functionality and protection.
Sounds like he approves.. here are his supporting points:
- Prevents spyware and malware infections – the premium version will stop spyware and malware from installing itself on your computer, whether through a sneak attack, drive by installation, or a “piggyback” installation.
- Stops Ransomware attacks – probably the most costly and damaging attack, ransomware locks up all of your files behind a very powerful encryption. You then have to pay the hackers for the “key” to break the encryption and free your files. Ransomware is almost impossible to remove once it’s on your computer. However MalwareBytes can stop this before it gets on your computer.
- Internet Browsing Protection – MalwareBytes will monitor your internet browsing and stop you from visiting or being redirected to a site that is potentially hazardous. This means you’ll be safe from sneaky redirects that can exist on websites and even in the ads on a website.
- Automatic protection updates – this means that MalwareBytes is constantly updating its protection algorithms utilizing what they call “machine learning technology”. Since they have access to millions of malware reports they can stay abreast of all the latest malware technology. They then automatically update and apply this to your computer’s protection system.
- Automatic updates of latest definitions – The premium version automatically checks for new malware definition updates and upgrades the software for you. If you have the free version it will not automatically update the malware definitions for you. You’ll have to do this manually or re-install the latest version. This is a lot of effort and most people will miss a step, leaving themselves open to an attack.